• August 2007 — Present
Founder, Orange Coast Prosthetics Inc.
• October 2005 — July 2007
Co-Founder, LimbCraft Inc., Orange, California
• January 2005 — December 2006
Lead Instructor, Above Knee Prosthetics, Cal. State Dominguez Hills
Lead Instructor, Above Elbow Prosthetics, Cal. State Dominguez Hills
• June 2001 — September 2005
Prosthetist/Supervisor, Sunny Hills Orthopedic Services Inc., Fullerton, California.
• Instructor, M.A.S. Advanced Above Knee Socket Course put on by Orthotic and
Prosthetic Group of America (OPGA)
— January 2006, Aliso Viejo, California, two day course
— January 2007, Aliso Viejo, California, two day course
— November 2007, Northwestern University, two day course
• Instructor, Prosthetics Overview and Prescription Criteria for Physical Therapists
— May 2004, Azusa Pacific University
• Lecture, Transfemoral Socket Design Concepts
— October 2006, California Chapter of the American Association of Orthotists
• American Board Certified Prosthetist
• OttoBock, Genium Bionic Prosthetic System
• OttoBock, C-Leg Microprocessor Knee Certified
• OttoBock, MyoBock Upper Extremity MyoElectric Certified
• OttoBock, Harmony Vacuum Socket Suspension, Certified
• Ossur, Rheo Microprocessor Knee Certified
• Ossur, Proprio Microprocessor Ankle Certified
• M.A.S., Advanced Above Knee Socket Fitting Course, Certified
• I-Limb Hand Accredited Practitioner
• Graduate Certificate Program in Prosthetics, California State University
Dominguez Hills, June 2001.
• B.S. Exercise Science, Kinesiology Emphasis, Chapman University, July 2000.
Our Story and Goal
Dino LaCapria, American Board Certified Prosthetist
Dino has been serving amputees in Southern California since 2001. Although most of his clients are here in Southern California, he has clients who come from around the country. This is Dino’s second career, his first being woodwork. After doing custom woodwork for 8 years in Carmel Valley, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, Santa Cruz, San Luis Obispo... Dino decided to use his college education along with his blue collar handskills to become a Prosthetist and help those in need.
Victoria Brownlie, CCS
Victoria has been with OC Prosthetics for over two years. She has become an irreplaceable fixture in our front office.